April 21st , 2015
Brintons and Virginia Langley Launch Newest Collaboration: Ciranda Collection
Brintons is excited to announce Ciranda , its third Axminster Carpet collection with designer Virginia Langley. A contemporary application of rhythm in design, Ciranda, takes influence from the vivacious & hypnotic movements of traditional Brazilian dance. With freestyle brush strokes & bold painted textures, Virginia has simulated these rhythmic dances into expressive patterns.
“I’ve been designing for Brintons for over a year now and I am thoroughly enjoying being part of such a dynamic company and team,” says Virginia Langley. “It is wonderful to see my artwork and textures come to life with Brinton’s Axminster carpet. There are so many amazing details that I can achieve with their woven products which really shows the high end quality that sets them apart.”
Virginia credits her inspiration for Ciranda to the experience of travelling the world;“ Whether is has been to Europe, the Islands of Fiji, or to South America; the many places I have been fortunate to visit have traditional dancers adorned with flowing fabrics, natural grasses, & sometimes local flora. To me, dance is a time to be expressive & creative by following a rhythm to feel light-hearted & free. I hope these designs bring these feelings & atmosphere everywhere they go,” says Virginia.
This collection, based on the thriving trends of simplistic textural styling, combines organic and industrial silhouettes in dynamic combinations. The result is a modern and sophisticated collection bringing music and dance to Axminster carpet design.
Notes to editors
• Brintons is a British Manufacturer of carpets and first began manufacturing in Kidderminster in 1783.
• Brintons holds a Royal Warrant having provided carpets to the Royal Family.
• As well as Brintons’ Global Headquarters and main manufacturing site in Kidderminster, Brintons also has manufacturing facilities in Portugal and India, as well as other offices in London, Kennesaw, Las Vegas, New York, Washington DC, Pune, Brisbane, Sydney, Port Melbourne, Geelong and Singapore.
• Markets: Brintons supplies carpet to the commercial market globally. Major commercial sectors include hospitality, public spaces, marine, leisure, healthcare and gaming. The residential side of the business supplies carpet through a network of high quality retailers.
• Products: The Brintons product portfolio includes premium woven Axminster and Wilton broadloom carpets, Axminster tiles, Axminster kardax rugs and hand tufted rugs.
• Services: Brintons global design team works closely with interior designers, architects, specifiers and end-users to create custom carpet solutions. Brintons offers a total project management service to our commercial clients.
• Brintons is committed to the concept of thinking global and acting locally. It has design studios, offices and agents in all of the major markets around the world.
• Brintons was acquired by the Carlyle Group in September 2011. http://www.brintons.net/ . For further information relating to this press release, please contact Heather Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-594-9300